ESPN FC's Gab Marcotti states that he doesn't believe the Brazilian and Barcelona forward is ready to win the Ballon d'Or. Dani Alves was surprised Brazil and Barcelona teammate Neymar failed to finish ahead of Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo in the voting for the 2015 Ballon d'Or.
Neymar, who has come into his own over the past year, finished third in the voting behind winner Lionel Messi and Ronaldo on Monday.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Delaney: Peaking Messi wins Ballon d'Or | The Zurich scene
- Marcotti: Zidane's good start, Man United woe, Napoli strong
- Player Power Rankings | Heroes & Villains | 'Beyond a joke'
- Darke: Premier League club assessment | Brilliant free kick
- FC TV: Gab-O-Meter | Atletico's title chances | Milan issues
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Alves says his countryman finished a spot too low for his liking, and added it's Neymar's award to win once Messi's time is up.
"Neymar has gone through an incredible evolution and he's a better player…